|May 03, 2013 - May 10, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.|
1. Performs a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch of which the following are illustrative:
a. Greets and serves customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
b. Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel.
c. Accepts deposits of various account types.
d. Cashes checks within approved authority and operating policy.
e. Accepts utility bill payments as appropriate.
f. Sells Cashiers Checks, Travelers Checks, etc.
g. Accepts loan payments, safe deposit box rent, and other related payments.
h. Processes night deposits, ATM, and mail deposits.
i. Maintains an approved level of cash; turns in excess and mutilated cash.
j. Prepares daily settlement and proof of cash transactions; balances cash drawer accurately and efficiently on a daily basis.
k. Prepares daily work for scanning.
l. Balances general ledger accounts related to the paying and receiving function, e.g., Utilities, Coin, Travelers Checks, inter-bank accounts, etc.
m. Prepares reports relating to the function, e.g., currency transaction, BSA reports, etc.
n. Processes manual direct deposit transactions for selected accounts.
o. Maintains supplies and an awareness of Teller supply inventory control.
2. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
5. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
6. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
1. May be required, on occasion, to provide safe deposit box services to customers.
2. May be required to provide support in non-paying and receiving activities, e.g., new accounts, loans, etc.
3. May be required to balance and/or service ATM.
4. May be required to verify and wrap coin for vault cash control purposes.
5. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
2. Teller machine
4. Copy machine
5. Computer keyboard
6. Coin machine(s)
8. Currency verifier
9. Combination lock
10. Fax machine
A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business or accounting curriculum.
Moderate reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; proficient communicative and interpersonal relations skills; proficient eye-hand coordination; ability to operate various office machines; ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin; visual and auditory skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.